Thinking of selling your home, but not sure if you should list now or wait for the spring? Contrary to popular belief, selling your home during the holidays and winter months can be both easier and more profitable than waiting until the spring. Here are a few of the reasons why:
1. People who look for a home during the holidays are serious buyers. They know they're in a time crunch and there's a million other things to do, but they need a home. Most likely they will be ready to act and not waste nearly as much time as spring buyers.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays, and less competition means more money for you. We already have a low inventory market in Ottawa. The holiday period adds even more pressure on buyers to find a home, as many people take them off the market to enjoy the holidays. You can capture these buyers and still be able to enjoy your time at home, by scheduling visits properly, and by having our team do all the legwork for you.
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in February and March, there will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means less money for you. Avoid the rush of people selling in the spring and get ahead.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the holidays. Your home will be well decorated, clean, have a festive feel, and buyers will see that and respnd to it. They'll be more emotional and envision themselves enjoying the next holiday as much as you are. It's a great way to show that you have a home, and not just a house.
5. Buyers generally can be more flexible with showing times to fit your schedule, since many are on half days or holiday shifts. This makes showings convenient for you and unobtrusive..You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days directly around the holidays. This way you get the best of both worlds.
6. You can sell now for more money, and we can provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
7. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a free buyer during the spring, when many more houses are on the market. You'll have your pick of the available homes and can be aggressive with your offer and beat out other potential buyers.